2022-recent. Postdoctoral researcher. Faculty of Religion and Theology, VU Amsterdam.
2021-recent. Lecturer religious studies. Department of History, European Studies and Religious Studies, Faculty of Humanities, University of Amsterdam.
2016-2021. PhD candidate. Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Utrecht University, the Netherlands. Joint doctorate with the Centre for Research on Culture and Gender, Faculty of Arts, Ghent University, Belgium.
Title of the dissertation: “Questioning the Conversion Paradox: Gender, Sexuality, and Belonging amongst Women Becoming Jewish, Christian, and Muslim in the Netherlands.” Funded by the NWO project “Beyond ‘Religion versus Emancipation‘”. Supervisors: Prof. dr. Anne-Marie Korte (Utrecht University), prof. dr. Chia Longman (Ghent University), dr. Katja Rakow (Utrecht University.
- 2019-2021. University council member for Utrecht PhD Party (UPP).
- 2017-2019. Editor-in-Chief of Junctions: Graduate Journal of the Humanities.
- 2015-2018. Member of the founding team of ‘Transgender, Religion, Faith‘ (PThU)
- 2016-2017. Communications manager, International Association for the Study of Religion and Gender (IARG).
- 2015-2017. Secretary PhD Text Reading Seminar ‘The Challenge of Difference’ (NOSTER)
- 2013-2014. NWO project ‘Contested Privates: The Oppositional Pairing of Homosexuality in Contemporary Public Discourse in the Netherlands
- 2013-present. Conference organisation (a.o. with the Centre for the Humanities, UU; IARG)
- 2012-2014.Researchmaster Gender & Ethnicity, MA (cum laude). Department of Media and Culture (Genderstudies). Faculty of Humanities. Utrecht University.
- 2013.Graduate exchange program. Women and Gender Studies Institute. Faculty of Arts and Science. University of Toronto, Canada.
- 2009-2012. Bachelor Cultural Anthropology, BSc. Faculty of Social Sciences. Utrecht University.
- 2010. Minor Social Sciences of Morocco. Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR). Rabat, Morocco.
- European Association for Jewish Studies (EAJ), since 2018
- American Academy for Religion (AAR), since 2016
- International Association for the Study of Religion and Gender (IARG), since 2015
- Netherlands School for Advanced Studies of Theology and Religion (NOSTER), since 2014
- Netherlands Research School of Gender Studies (NOG), since 2012
Schrijvers, L.L. (2021). ‘Embodied Conversions and Sexual Selves. New Jewish, Christian and Muslim Women in the Netherlands.’ In Embodying Religion, Gender and Sexuality, edited by Sarah-Jane Page, and Katy Pilcher, 57-75. London: Routledge.
Schrijvers, L.L. (2020). ‘Women Wearing the Tallit: Tracing Gender, Belonging, and Conversion of New Jewish Women.’ In C.A.M. Van den Berg, L.L. Schrijvers, J.O. Wiering & A.J.A.C.M. Korte (Eds.), Transforming Bodies and Religions – Powers and Agencies in Europe, 119-220. London: Routlegde.