2016-2021. PhD candidate. Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Utrecht University, the Netherlands. Joint doctorate with the Centre for Research on Culture and Gender, Faculty of Arts, Ghent University, Belgium.
Title: “Negotiating Secular and Religious Gender Discourses: Women Converting to Judaism, Christianity and Islam in the Netherlands, Belgium and Great Britain”, subproject of the NWO-funded research “Beyond ‘Religion versus Emancipation‘”.
First supervisor: Prof. dr. Anne-Marie Korte (Utrecht University); Second supervisor: Prof. dr. Chia Longman (Ghent University).
- 2017-2019. Editor-in-Chief of Junctions: Graduate Journal of the Humanities.
- 2015-2018. Member of the founding team of ‘Transgender, Religion, Faith‘ (PThU)
- 2016-2017. Communications manager, International Association for the Study of Religion and Gender (IARG).
- 2015-2017. Secretary PhD Text Reading Seminar ‘The Challenge of Difference’ (NOSTER)
- 2013-2014. NWO project ‘Contested Privates: The Oppositional Pairing of Homosexuality in Contemporary Public Discourse in the Netherlands
- 2013-present. Conference organisation (a.o. with the Centre for the Humanities, UU; IARG)
- 2012-2014.Researchmaster Gender & Ethnicity, MA (cum laude). Department of Media and Culture (Genderstudies). Faculty of Humanities. Utrecht University.
- 2013.Graduate exchange program. Women and Gender Studies Institute. Faculty of Arts and Science. University of Toronto, Canada.
- 2009-2012. Bachelor Cultural Anthropology, BSc. Faculty of Social Sciences. Utrecht University.
- 2010. Minor Social Sciences of Morocco. Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR). Rabat, Morocco.
- European Association for Jewish Studies (EAJ), since 2018
- American Academy for Religion (AAR), since 2016
- International Association for the Study of Religion and Gender (IARG), since 2015
- Netherlands School for Advanced Studies of Theology and Religion (NOSTER), since 2014
- Netherlands Research School of Gender Studies (NOG), since 2012
(2014) Schrijvers, Lieke. ‘Demonstrating Dutch: Nationalism and Cultural Racism in the 2013 Anti-Putin and Pro-Black Pete protests in the Netherlands’. Frame: Journal of Literary Studies 27(2)